Monday, August 9, 2010

The Sweet Life



The other day, The Lord knew that I needed a refresher lesson in who to put first in my life. Sometimes, this can be a hard lesson to learn, but necessary, nonetheless. There are lots of things that sneak into my life to distract me, and then The Lord has to come in and gently remind me to place my eyes back on Him.
Why am I so stubborn in continuing to make this mistake over and over? My heart wants to obey so badly, but my flesh sometimes gets in the way. I know that the more I walk with Jesus everyday, the easier it will become to keep my focus on Him. This is when we taste of the sweet life!
What a delightful peace comes when we know we are walking rightly with The Lord. He is the giver of all things good, even gentle reminders, and for that I am eternally thankful.

1 comment:

  1. your outlook and your "upward looking" lift me up La and make me smile because this whole blog is SO YOU! i feel like i am standing in your world. love you!

    ReplyDelete