Sunday, February 6, 2011

Great is His Faithfulness

Who is Jesus for you today? I was reminded of these powerful words this morning in church. It seems so easy to feel defeated by the rough bumps in our lives, but there is Someone so much bigger than all the bumps!

Great is thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed thy hand hath provided
Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside

No matter how often we lose hope, He is always faithful. We've nothing to worry about. He gives us strength for today and a bright hope for tomorrow! He longs for our obedience...all we need to do is follow. He has already provided everything we will need. I am learning to be thankful for the ways Christ is faithful in my life, for the lessons He is teaching me, and the opportunities to reach out He has given me this semester. He's got a reason for waking me up every morning, I only need to "be still" so that I can hear where He wants my obedience. He is faithful to me!




"There you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a father carries his son,
all the way you went until you reached this place."
Deuteronomy 1:31

2 comments:

  1. one of my most favorite hymns. and one of my most favorite verses, Lamentations 3:22-23 "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."

    ReplyDelete
  2. just what i needed to be reminded of today! thanks for that la! love you and miss you dearly my friend!!

    ReplyDelete