Monday, October 10, 2011

The Macabean Life

Just to give you a glimpse of the day to day experiences in Macas, I took my camera around "town" Saturday to capture some of the city views! 

This was the beautiful sunrise view sitting on my bed looking out my windows one morning...This is one of my favorite times of the day...spending time in The Lord with such a majestic sunrise, different every morning!


Down the street from our apartment- houses with drying laundry is a quite common sight.




The top of this small mountain is where I hiked a few months ago to see the beautiful views of the entire city of Macas.








My favorite fruit and veggie store, owned by a precious little lady who teaches me a lot every time I visit her!

My grocery store

Where you might want to buy live chickens...if you're into that kind of thing. I prefer mine to be frozen. :)

Small fruits and veggies market to the left, and the Super Tia Grocery store on the right. They have frozen chicken!! But just look at that sky!


The verse we are memorizing in all my classes this month is 1 Thes. 5:17 "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

There is always, always, always something to be thankful for, no matter what the situation! 

Be always joyful!

Much love to you from Macas!
-Laura

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pictures!! That one of the Coke sign reminds me of Granddaddy. Miss you so so much!!

    ReplyDelete